Title: 2022 Triumph Tiger 660 Sports Prototype First Look Tease
Sourced From: advwisdom.com/a/2022-triumph-tiger-660-sports-prototype-first-look-tease/
Published Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 02:22:28 +0000
These photos of a Triumph Tiger 660 sports prototype may not be as funny as authentic spy photos, but they are still worth a look. In our opinion, the following can be deduced from examining the images and the model name:
- This is what a PR manager at Triumph Motorcycle America, Gina D’Ambrosio, tells us about the photos: “Triumph has tested the last prototype of the new Tiger Sport 660, which is said to bring triple engine performance advantages to the middleweight adventure athlete. No further information is currently being disclosed. “
- We have a Triumph Tiger Sport 850 street-oriented adventure bike and a Triumph Trident 660 street bike with a retro look. If you look at the prototype Triumph Tiger 660 Sport, it quickly becomes clear that it is definitely a street-oriented motorcycle with ADV suspension with longer travel. As Triumph calls it, “middleweight adventure sports”.
- That’s the same 660 triple found in the new Triumph Trident 660. This engine is based on the old Triumph Street Triple 675 mill and performs well in the Trident chassis. We expect this version of the venerable triple to be tuned for a bit more torque to reflect its ADV styling.
- It is a little more difficult to determine the origin of the frame of the Tiger 660 Sport. The swing arm on the Tiger 660 Sport is definitely not the same as on the Trident 660 or Tiger 850 Sport. However, the frame looks like it is the same or closely related to the Trident 660 frame. The frame has nothing to do with the Tiger 850 Sport.
- The Tiger 660 Sport’s inverted Showa fork is slightly different from the Trident fork. They are close, but not the same. The Tiger 660 Sport has more wheel clearance at the front and rear, so it will almost certainly have longer suspension travel.
- The footrests are mounted further forward on the Tiger 660 Sport than on the Trident 660. This is in line with a switch for sport to ADV.
- The Tiger 660 Sport has Michelin Road 5 tires mounted – the same rubber used on the Trident 660. That’s a lot more street-oriented than that Michelin Anakee Adventure tires on the Tiger 850 Sport.
- The Tiger 850 Sport has a 19-inch front wheel, while the Tiger 660 Sport has an all-road 17-inch front wheel.
- The Nissin calipers look the same on both 660s. The Triumph Tiger 850 Sport has Brembos units.
- The Triumph Tiger 660 Sport has integrated slots for attaching suitcases. In addition, one of the photos shows assembled panniers. Let’s go on a trip!
We tested them Triumph Trident 660 and the Triumph Tiger 850 Sport
2022 Triumph Tiger 660 Sport Prototype Photo Gallery