Title: 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six days of first look (9 quick facts)
Sourced From: advwisdom.com/a/2022-ktm-500-exc-f-six-days-of-first-look-9-quick-facts/
Published Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 19:37:00 +0000
The KTM Six Days models are always a feast for the eyes. The good news is that they also differ functionally from the standard models, and the 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days is no exception. While the stock 500 EXC-F is a great dual-sport bike, the Six Days has even more going for it – let’s go through these reasons.
- The 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F got updates this year, and Six Days gets them all. Find out more about the updates in our First look story for the 2022 KTM Dual Sport Enduro series. From now on, we’ll focus on what sets the Standard Edition apart from the Six Days iteration.
- An underride guard protects the engine of the Six Day, not just the frame rails.
- Braking will be upgraded on the Six Days. The rear disc is solid for improved reliability while the front disc floats. A safety wire also helps to secure the brake pedal.
- A front axle puller ensures faster wheel changes on the Six Days.
- The Six Days has its own seat.
- Orange! The frame is painted orange and the CNC-milled fork bridge is anodized orange. Oh yes, and let’s not forget the orange chain guide that is reinforced with black.
- Logos! The exhaust, rims and handlebars bear the KTM Six Days logo.
- Daring six-day graphics! As already mentioned, the eye candy aspect is undeniable.
- We don’t have a price, but the 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days will hit dealerships this month.
Photography by Mitterbauer
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F six-day specifications
- Type: single cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 511cc
- Bore x stroke: 95 x 72 mm
- Valve train: SOHC; 4 valves
- Starting: Electrically with lithium-ion 12 volt 2 Ah battery
- Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 pumps
- Refueling: Keihin EFI with 42mm throttle body
- Transmission: 6-speed translation
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc DDS clutch with Brembo hydraulics
- Final drive: 5/8 ”x ¼” chain
- Frame: Central double cradle chromoly steel
- Subframe: aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken tapered aluminum
- Front Suspension: Fully Adjustable WP Xplor Inverted 48mm Fork; 11.8 in
- Rear suspension: linkage-free, fully adjustable WP Xplor damper with PDS; 12.2 in
- Rims: Giant
- Front wheel: 21 x 1.60
- Rear wheel: 18 x 2.15
- Tire: Continental Twinduro TKC 80
- Front tire: 90/90 x 21
- Rear tire: 120/90 x 18
- Front brake: 260 mm Galfer Wave Disc with Brembo caliper
- Rear brake: 220 mm Galfer Wave Disc with Brembo caliper
- ABS: none
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 58.3 inches
- Rake: 26.5 degrees
- Triple clamp offset: 22mm
- Seat height: 37.8 degrees
- Ground clearance: 14 inches
- Fuel capacity: 2.25 gallons
- Empty weight: 254 pounds
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six days Price: $ TBA RRP
Did you miss our previous article…